Is the name of this recipe PC (politically correct)? Whatever. No ragrets in this decision.
And it's not like I just came up with the title out of thin air. No, a slut didn't create them... don't get that excited. Have you ever heard of slutty brownies? You know, a brownie with a cookie baked inside of it? Well, this is kind of like that. Except better because it's like one giant brownie cookie.
Still worried about the name of the recipe? Yeah, I didn't think so.
I make these at pretty much every holiday gathering for my (non-paleo) family, and it's always a favorite. One of my younger cousins actually said he likes these better than "real" cookies and brownies, so take the 11-year-old's word for it and give this recipe a try!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: one 9x9 pan
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking pan (I just use a Pyrex) with extra coconut oil, or line it with parchment paper. Mix together the chocolate chips and coconut oil, then melt together either in 30 second intervals in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Make the brownie mix by combining all ingredients, including the melted chocolate, with a whisk until an even batter forms. It will be thicker than a traditional brownie batter.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly on the bottom of the pan, and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the brownie layer is cooking, make the Purely Cookie Dough.
- Once the brownie's 15 minutes is up, remove the pan from the oven and spread the cookie dough evenly along the top. Place the pan back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the cookie layer is slightly browned and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into bars and devouring... I mean, using moderation and having one or two pieces. ;)