IT IS FALL AND THAT MEANS APPLES AND ESPECIALLY HONEYCRISPS AND OKay i'm sorry i'll stop yelling at you now but like make this recipe pls you won't regret it. :)
Caramel Apple Crisp
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Total time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Core and dice apples into small cubes. In a large bowl, mix apples pieces with 1 tsp of the cinnamon, and all of the allspice and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond meal, Superfood Seed Flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and the other 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Stir together until a crumble forms; if it is too dry, add more oil 1 tsp at a time until it is an even and sticky consistency. Think wet sand.
- Grease a 9x9 glass baking dish with some extra coconut oil. Pour spiced apple pieces into the dish. Spread crumble over the top evenly, covering the apple pieces as much as possible.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the apples are soft and the crumble is toasted.
- Remove dates from soaking water, and place in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 Tbsp of water. Microwave for 30 seconds, and whip together the dates with the water while hot. Continue whipping until dates are broken down and a nice, even caramel consistency forms. Add more water, if needed.
- Serve the crumble warm with some caramel drizzled on top. Vanilla ice cream pairs wonderfully with it!