I've always loved salmon. Even before I even cared or thought about its health benefits, or would even try any other seafood, I loved salmon. Here is a simple and quick recipe that is easy enough to make for dinner - without having to wait too long to eat!
Lemon Pepper Garlic Salmon
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes Total time: 15-17 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
2. Grease a glass baking dish big enough to fit the filet in with olive oil.
3. Place salmon filet in baking dish, and crush both cloves of garlic over the meat. Spread the pieces out evenly across the filet.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and crushed garlic, making sure the entire filet is covered and garlic remains evenly distributed. I use a barbecue brush to do this. Use more olive oil if there is not enough to coat the filet with the initial 1/4 cup.
5. Sprinkle the dry spices (garlic powder, sea salt, dried Italian herbs, and black pepper) evenly over the filet.
6. Squeeze the 1/2 lemon over the fish as evenly as possible.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on thickness of filet (about 10 minutes of baking for every 1-inch thickness). Since this recipe calls for a pound of fish, 10-12 minutes usually works just perfectly.
8. Remove fish from oven and make sure it flakes easily and is bright pink. This is how you know it's done.
9. Once it's done to the wellness of your liking, cut the filet into individual serving sizes, remove the meat from the skin using a spatula. Place rosemary garnish on top (if desired) and serve.