If y'all aren't familiar with my INSANE love of ice cream by now... maybe you just haven't been around too long.
We'll go with that. Because I really am insane about it.
That being said, ice cream is unfortunately full of sugar, low on protein, and can hit anywhere along the spectrum when it comes to fat content.
And usually the type of fat involved is sucky.
SO. I've been on a mission to find brands like Earthchurn Ice Cream that meet my food-snob standards while still tasting great.
But sometimes, I want to play with my own ice cream ideas.
When I got ahold of Vital Proteins' new Dark Chocolate & Blackberry Collagen Peptides, I instantly fell in love.
And I knew an ice cream recipe was bound to happen,
Welp... here is that recipe.
By the way - it's dairy-free and keto, too. I gotchu guys. ;)
Berry Chocolate Ice Cream
Prep time: 5 minutes Freeze time: 20-30 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 quart
- Using a handheld immersion blender or whisk, whip together the almond milk, Collagen Peptides, coconut cream, vanilla, and stevia.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and add to the Collagen mixture.
- Whisk again - this is where the electricity of a handheld immersion blender really comes in handy!
- Gently fold in the cacao powder and whisk once more.
- Use your fork to incorporate the frozen blueberries.
- Add to your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's instructions. I LOVE my maker - it doesn't need salt to run and only took this recipe about 20 minutes to be completely done.
- Remove from the maker and eat as deliciously creamy soft-serve, or store in the freezer for up to a week to eat as harder-serve!
2 cups almond milk
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup cocao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp liquid stevia
1 cup frozen blueberries