Just like grandma used to make - without the allergens!
Classic Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1. Scrub potatoes & then place them in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil with top on the pot, and allow to boil for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
2. Pour potatoes into a colander to drain the water, then run cool water over them before handling.
3. Once potatoes are safe to hold, peel the skins off and discard or save for another purpose.
4. Break peeled potatoes apart in a large mixing bowl. Once they are in smaller pieces, take an electric hand mixer and begin using that to break them up even more.
5. Slowly add in coconut milk. This will make the potatoes break apart even better, and turn into that creamy texture we all know and love! Continue mixing until this texture is achieved throughout.
6. Sprinkle in spices and mix with electric mixer once again. The cayenne pepper works to offset the slight sweetness of the coconut milk. Adjust spices to taste, then serve and enjoy!
4 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
Sea salt, black pepper, other spices to taste