This is a recipe that I often order at restaurants, but never really make at home... until now! Only a few ingredients need to be substituted to make it Paleo; I even made it Whole 30-compliant by replacing white wine vinegar from a traditional recipe with balsamic and apple cider vinegars.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1. Cut chicken breasts into thin cutlets, so you will be cutting them width-wise. Sprinkle both sides of all pieces with arrowroot starch.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan on the stove. Sear chicken breasts until cooked all the way through, about 5 minutes. Cut into the thickest part of one to make sure there is no pink left.
3. Remove chicken from the pan once cooked. Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and garlic to pan and sear for about a minute.
4. Mix in broth, balsamic and apple cider vinegars, rosemary, and capers. Allow flavors to marry over the heat for about a minute.
5. Add lemon juice and butter to the sauce. Swirl it all together, letting sauce thicken a bit but not keeping it on the stove so long that it begins to evaporate. Cook for about two more minutes and then remove from heat.
6. Serve chicken with sauce on top and enjoy! Throw it over some Sweet Potato Gnocchi with a side salad for a full meal.