Granola was DEFINITELY one of my weaknesses before going Paleo. However, most kinds that are sold in stores use grains as their base. Guess I'll make my own! PS - this also makes a fun mason jar gift.
Berry White Chocolate Granola
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
1. Preheat oven to 275ºF.
3. Mix together the chopped nuts, sunflower seeds, and sea salt in a large bowl.
4. Melt cacao butter in the way you prefer. In the microwave, it takes about 4 minutes, but I do it a minute at a time to make sure it's not in there too long.
5. Add melted cacao butter, honey and vanilla to the dry mixture and stir thoroughly.
6. Integrate berries once the main base is mixed. If you break the berries into smaller pieces, this will get more of their flavor into the granola.
7. Spread granola evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until nuts become slightly browned.
8. Remove granola from the oven when done, and allow to sit and cool before scooping it off of the baking sheet. It will break into pieces very easily, but there are definitely clusters formed from the baking process. Store in a sealed container and serve with milk of choice for breakfast or as a grab-and-go snack!