You didn't think I'd give you a review of an edible product without a creative way to use it, did you? :)
These Chicken Nuggets taste like childhood and are so easy they'll make you cry. Except it'll be tears of happiness and nostalgia. I know that was a bad tagline. Whatever. It's Friday, okay?
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until they are broken and create a uniform liquid.
- Dump the Hog Skins into a blender with a milling blade. I just use my Nutribullet with milling blade and it's perfect!
- Grind up Hog Skins until they are a fine consistency similar to almond meal and pour into a medium bowl.
- Cut chicken tenders into 3-inch-long strips. Dredge each one in the egg yolks and then roll it around in the Hog Skin meal. Lie each "breaded" chicken tender on a greased cookie sheet once coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and flip the tenders, and then bake for another 10 minutes. Cut into a thicker one to ensure they chicken is white all the way through, and then serve with some other classic American dishes. I recommend trying some Parsnip Fries to get that starch fix in!
1 lb chicken tenders
2 egg yolks